Apply in person at any of our store locations.
Since 1955, Value Village Texas has been seeking committed individuals looking for a career and not just a job. Our average Manager has been with us 15 years which speaks of our loyalty and commitment. Currently, we are seeking a team player that is looking for a company that will invest in their training. Our Store Manager Trainee Program is dedicated to making you a strong manager and will be flexible based on your strengths and weaknesses. Over the course of the training program, we will give you the knowledge and tools to be an effective Manager for the entire store. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the management of all employees and implementation of all store processes (including receiving, stocking, presentation, selling, staffing and support).
- Hire and retain qualified employees for every position- ensure store is properly staffed
- Provide training for all employees
- Communicate performance and safety requirements
- Ensure merchandise is priced and the sales floor is stocked properly (includes signage, displays, etc.)
- Facilitate the storage of seasonal inventory
- Maintain a clean and organized store
- Follow company policies and procedures outlined in Operations Manual, Rules and Regulations and any other company correspondence
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Saturdays are mandatory.
- Must past a drug screening
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to plan and direct the work of others
- Ability to work independently, is self-motivated, and works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work within and promote a team environment
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a verity of situations
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run cash register, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as staplers, pens, tagging guns, etc.
- Frequent and proper lifting
- Fast-paced environment
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Competitive starting salary based on experience
- Generous merchandise discount
- Paid vacation
- Weekly bonus program
- Paid training program
- Medical insurance available